- Adapt: Community-Supported Ecology
Adapt Landscapes is a fee-based service for those individuals, businesses, and organizations in Southeast Michigan who are looking for larger native landscapes, food forests, and perennial edible installations and are committed to helping create an ecologically thriving future. Adapt Landscapes designs and installations support the nonprofit work of Adapt Community Supported Ecology.
Why Community-Supported Ecology? We believe that each of us, and each plot of land, is vital to a healthy future. Adapt exists to sustain and promote the connections between people and the land that supports us through community co-creation of native plant and perennial food landscapes.
Through crowdfunding, education, and volunteer effort, we aim to build a community network that supports the restoration of native plant and perennial food landscapes on small parcels of privately- and publicly-owned land where there might otherwise not be the resources to do so.
Adapt Community Supported Ecology is a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 charity.
- PlantWise, LLC
PlantWise, LLC is a business dedicated to creating, restoring, and interpreting native ecosystems and plant communities throughout Michigan and Ohio. Towards that end, we work with private and public landowners to:
• Develop management plans for maintaining or restoring natural landscapes;
• Conduct prescribed ecological burns;
• Complete invasive plant removal projects;
• Manage remnant or created natural areas;
• Conduct plant and animal inventories;
• Map existing ecosystems and natural communities;
• Coordinate volunteer groups for planting or restoration work;
• Conduct training for all aspects of natural area restoration;
• Design and install landscapes of all scales using native plant species;
• Develop brochures and signage to help people understand and appreciate the natural features around them.
- Feral Flora
Feral Flora is a private company based in Ann Arbor, MI. We serve Washtenaw County and adjacent areas. Using our understanding of natural systems, we create living landscapes with a sense of place using native and nearly native plants in a naturalistic style. From a small urban garden to installing 25 acres of native seed, we can help you select the right plants for a long-lived, low-maintenance, low-input garden that is beautiful and alive with life.
Wildtype was established in 1996. For more than 20 years we have specialized in growing plants native to Michigan, from Michigan genotypes. We grow trees, shrubs, grasses wildflowers, and emergent wetland species typical of Michigan woodlands, wetlands and prairies. It is our objective to propagate nursery stock with enough genetic diversity to create self-sustaining populations. Therefore the majority of our plants are grown from wild seed stock. This is what we mean when we say our plants are “borne to be wild”. We keep track of when and where the seeds or cuttings were collected and where and how they were grown and handled.
Wildtype also provides ecological services for public, commercial and residential projects focusing on restoration and preservation of native landscapes. Some of our services include invasive species management, native plant installation, site assessment and botanical surveys.
- Natural Community Services, LLC
Northville / Royal Oak
Phone: 248.513.1909, Liz
Email: [email protected]
NCS can help you reach goals of sustainable landscaping and biodiversity with full service design, consulting, and implementation of ecological restoration: bird-butterfly or rain gardens, invasive species control/maintenance, native landscaping, natural shorelines, forestry, wildlife habitat, pollinators/permaculture, erosion control, green infrastructure, stormwater/wetland/aquatic resources.
- Michiganense Natives
Let us install your native garden!
Within 15 miles of Northville, MI
- Rick Meader
E-mail: [email protected]
Rick Meader creates (and installs, if desired) landscape designs for homes, businesses and religious institutions that attract people and wildlife alike, using significant numbers of native plants in both formal and informal designs. Rick also consults with landowners to learn what valuable habitats they have on their property and creates plans to help them enhance their property for beauty and wildlife.
- David Borneman, LLC
Offering a full range of ecological restoration services specializing in controlled burns.
- InSite Design Studio
At InSite Design Studio, we’re passionate about ecological design in landscape architecture.
Let us help you connect form and function on your site.
We provide the following:
• Work with all kinds of clients, from homeowners and commercial clients, to large institutions, and public entities
• Offer an extensive suite of design and consultation services, ranging from master planning to detailed construction document sets
• Have a lot of practical experience with the planning, installation, and maintenance of ecological design and restoration projects
• Are ready to help you with as much or as little as you need, as you need it
- Rain Garden Resources from Washtenaw County Government
Plant a rain garden on your property with help from the Washtenaw County Rain Garden Assistance Program. Or, train to design rain gardens yourself by becoming a Master Rain Gardener, and spread the word about the benefits of rain gardens.
- Mike Appel Environmental Design
Our work is informed by hands-on stewardship in the natural communities of southern Michigan. From the designs we conceive to the landscapes we construct and maintain, our time afield inspires what we do. We have the equipment and experience to create and care for spaces in which our clients can cultivate their own personal connection to the outdoors.
Services offered include site planning and landscape design, native landscape installation and maintenance, rain gardens, lawn reduction, tree and shrub planting, native seeding, prescribed fire and exotic invasive species control.
- John DeLisle, PWS – Principal Ecologist
John’s Services include environmental consulting, ecological restoration, and native landscapes.